may 24th, 2022
The Sexology Institute, a sex-positive education center and boutique located in San Antonio, TX, is seeking a part-time boutique concierge (sales associate) to join our Southtown location family.
The Sexology Institute is a woman-owned, identity-inclusive sex-positive education center and boutique. Since 2015, The Sexology Institute has been actively teaching our community and beyond that everyone has the right to sexual fulfillment. Our mission is to celebrate sexual expression, banish shame, and support sexual growth and exploration by providing a safe, judgement-free, upscale, educational and specialized experience.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be available to work nights and weekends (Friday-Sunday availability is a must)
- Retail, customer service experience AND/OR specific knowledge around sexual health/pleasure.
- Able to uphold and maintain boutique visual and cleanliness standards.
- Committed to upholding inclusive values and creating a welcoming space for all people.
- Excited about retail. A Boutique Concierge helps people find what they need, talk about products, assist in making selections, and do creative problem solving.
- Willing to spend time and energy to learn about pleasure and toys.
- Comfortable talking about sex, bodies, and pleasure. Comfortable holding space for emotional conversations and maintaining confidentiality.
- Reliable, dependable, and conscientious.
- Adaptable and creative.
- Friendly, easy to get along with, respectful, and genuinely excited about this type of work.
- Bonus points given to applicants who speak a non-English language, have previous adult store/sex educator experience, have strong knowledge and experience using various social media platforms, and are comfortable helping to plan/lead education events.
Boutique Concierges starting wage is $12.50/hr. The Sexology Institute tailors a unique customer experience and bases sales off of the customer’s needs, wants, and budgets. Therefore, all staff members work as a team and do not work off commission-based selling. Boutique Concierges will be eligible for incremental, performance-based raises only at the time of their yearly review. We're currently hiring part time only, and hours could range from 15-20 hours a week.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. LGBTQ+, Women, and BIPOC encouraged to apply.